Are You Remodeling?
An HVAC system (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) may not seem as exciting as new cabinetry, flooring, and paint colors, but thoughtful planning of heating and cooling can be crucial to the overall success of your project. In addition, opening walls or making other changes to your home can create opportunities to upgrade your existing system and/or correct any deficiencies.
BETHKE Heating & Air Conditioning has extensive experience designing and installing HVAC systems for remodeling projects, in both newer and older homes. We have worked with many of the area's top remodeling contractors.
When planning your remodeling project consider:
Sometimes the best solution is to install a separate heating and cooling system for a remodeled area or new addition. In other situations, the existing system can be easily extended into the new space. We can help you determine what will work best for your project.
- Is there no practical way to install new ductwork into your remodeled space? We can solve that problem! There are specialized heating and cooling systems that can be installed without ductwork.
In-floor radiant heat is often a good solution if you are building an addition on a concrete slab. This can be an energy efficient and comfortable choice. See our section about
to learn more.
- If you are finishing your basement, think about how you will use the new space. For example, a basement play area for active children may not require as effective and expensive a system as a basement office.
During remodeling, there may be opportunities to improve the HVAC system that services the rest of your home.
Is your existing distribution system adequate? Are there any hot or cold spots in your house? We may be able to address these problems when designing a system for your remodeling project.
- Would you like to move or modify existing ductwork? It's easier to do when walls are being opened anyway.
- If you have hot water radiators, would you like to move them or change the style? We can suggest options.
Remodeling can create the opportunity to install a zoned system, allowing you to control the temperature with separate thermostats in different areas of your house. See our page about
to learn more.
- Would you prefer a different location for your air conditioner, furnace, or boiler? If you are reconfiguring other elements of your home, this may be the best time to make a change.
Call BETHKE at
to discuss your project.